Posts for: April, 2019
Do you think you have a wart and need a consultation from your Prairieville and Baton Rouge, LA, doctor?
Warts come in all different shapes, forms, and color: flat, smooth, dome-shaped, cauliflower-like and light or dark. Although you don't need to worry about warts being cancerous, they can still be an unsightly image. Read on to learn how Drs. William Massengale, Jessica LeBlanc, and Ashley Record, in Prairieville and Baton Rouge, LA, can help take care of your wart issue!
More about Warts
Wart are transmitted from person-to-person and from one body part to another. They're usually painless and may not need medication to be treated, but it does take time for them to go away.
Types of warts include,
- Common Warts: These skin-colored warts appear on the back of fingers, toes, and knees.
- Filiform Warts: These warts are long, narrow, and flesh-colored stalks that appear around a person's eyelids, face, neck, or lips.
- Plantar Warts: These warts appear on children's feet and are usually flesh-colored.
- Genital Warts: These warts are flesh-colored, red, or pink and appear in the genital and/or around the anus.
- Flat warts: These warts are smooth, flat and small. Teenagers are more susceptible to this white, slightly raised, flesh-colored warts.
- Subungual and periungual warts: These pin-sized warts grow to be pea-sized and appear as rough growths around the fingernails and/or toenails.
During a consultation at one of our offices in either Prairieville or Baton Rouge, your dermatologists may recommend one of the following treatment approaches:
- Cryotherapy: Liquid nitrogen that freezes off the wart.
- Electrosurgery: Electric current that kills tissue.
- Salicylic acid preparations: Gels, pads, drops, and plasters that dissolve the wart in 4 to 6 weeks.
Schedule Your Consultation Today!
You shouldn't ignore warts. If you have any questions or concerns, make sure to dial (225) 313-4560 to contact your Prairieville and Baton Rouge, LA, dermatologists today!