What your dermatologists in Baton Rouge and Prairieville, Louisiana want you to know
Do you want to enjoy healthy skin for life? Of course you do, because healthy skin helps you look great, and it also protects you. Your skin doctors at Atlas Dermatology want to help you learn how to properly care for your skin. They have two convenient office locations in Baton Rouge and Prairieville, Louisiana to serve your skin care needs.
Even if you don’t take care of your skin, it has a wonderful ability to heal itself, but your skin can look so much better if you take care of it. Fortunately, taking proper care of your skin only requires a few minutes every day. A few minutes of time can help keep the years and the environment from damaging your face.
Just follow these simple steps to take proper care of your skin:
- Clean your skin at least once each day, more often if you wear makeup or are outside in the weather. Use mild products like foams or gels instead of soap.
- Dry your skin by patting it gently, don’t rub. Remember to leave a small amount of moisture on your skin.
- Use a toner to balance the pH of your skin. Use products that are alcohol-free to avoid over-drying your skin.
- Use a daily moisturizer containing at least SPF 15. Use a higher SPF if you spend a lot of time outside.
If it’s summer, try to avoid staying in the sun between 10 AM and 4 PM when damaging ultraviolet rays are at their highest. You should also take a few additional preventive steps, including:
- Using a higher sunscreen of at least SPF 30
- Drinking a lot of water to stay hydrated
- Wearing hats, sunglasses and other protection
If it’s winter, you need to:
- Use cream or lotion moisturizer every day
- Limit hot showers or baths to avoid drying your skin
- Use lip balm to keep your lips from chapping
The climate, environment, aging and other factors all put a strain on your skin, but you can keep your skin looking great with just a few simple steps. For more information about skincare, call your skin doctors at Atlas Dermatology, with offices in Baton Rouge and Prairieville, Louisiana. Call today!